LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

October 11, 2014

I Ran a 5K!

Guys. I did it. I ran a 5K. And by ran I mean mostly walked. I finished in like 44 minutes. No shame here. I admit that I didn't prepare for it, although I set out with the best of intentions! I did actually run consistently for two weeks (and I was quite enjoying myself) when I got a nasty cold. Just as I recovered from that, Cannon had surgery. And then, and then, and then. Am I right?

Well anyway, when I signed up for the race, I wrote about it here so I would be accountable to more than myself. On the morning of, I took Cannon to play with a friend (can I mention that this is the first time we have left the little man with someone who isn't family?) and spent a few hours meeting up with the team, "running" and then checking out the cool sponsor booths after the race. Also, it was FREEZING.

Oh! And two nights before the race we all got together and made our own IMP t-shirts to wear. We had yummy treats and enjoyed getting to know each other a little bit better. And two of the ladies in our group are runners, and they took 1st and 2nd place!


1 comment: