LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

August 12, 2014

I'm Going to Run a 5K

I know that might not be much to some folks, but it's a big deal for me. I am not a runner. I repeat: I am not a runner. Each time I decide to start running, I do it once (maybe twice) then quit. I hate it.

Then I saw there was a 5K coming up in Iowa City, one that starts close to our house and ends on the field at Kinnick Stadium. I instantly decided that this was my motivation, and was ready to sign-up when I learned about another 5K a few weeks later called the Blogger Dash 5K Run/Walk where all proceeds benefit the University Children's Hospital AND they welcome strollers. So I made the choice to run the latter, and I signed up with a group of ladies from IMP (Iowa Medical Partners) for some additional motivation.

This has never happened before, but I am SO excited about this race! I don't care about my time or anything, I'm just excited to get out there are do it! After searching and searching, I found the perfect app for me to use, the C2K5 Free app. You train three days a week for eight weeks for a 5K race, and the app tracks it all for you. A five-minute warm up and cool down, with 30 minutes of alternating running/walking. I just started week two, and I actually look forward to my run in the evening after Cannon goes to sleep. I also used to hate the treadmill, but we have this semi-ghetto but super-awesome exercise room in our building. I have never found it occupied, and the TV has satellite, so I am loving it.


1 comment: