LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

January 28, 2014

Twilight Fandom

I admit, I am a fan of the Twilight books. I love the easy read, the suspense of vampires vs werewolves, and the arguably weak female lead. I am not as big a fan of the film adaptations. They strike me as extremely low-budget (especially the first one) and I skipped through most of the first movie of book four. I didn't even see the last one, but I still go back and watch the first few when I'm feeling like it.

Anyway, Scott is in Phoenix tonight and we had this conversation via text:

Scott: Twilight is awful. Bella just brought her kid to some freak in black and red garb. Also there is a huge dog that doesn't look real.
Rachel: Ah you're watching the one i haven't seen! Gasp.
Scott: This is crazy bad. Some chick just got decapitated and set on fire. Can't stop watching.
Rachel: Yep. That one had the final battle in it.
Scott: Looks that way. Bunch of peeps in the snow. Debating is the child a threat. Freaky. Done now.

After this he called me and proceeded with a play by play of what was happening. I told him that I haven't read the books in ages (maybe it's time to do so again?) so I really wasn't sure who all the vampires were that he was describing to me. I told him to just read all the books before he watches the last movie again. Then he will be able to enjoy the movie. Right? Hah!

2 comments:

  1. Haha I could 'hear' Scott saying all that haha! You two are so funny. Miss you three!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so great. Can you keep a secret? I have actually read the Twilight books. Despite my issues with writing style, and overall teen girl-ness of it all, they were enjoyable to read. I haven't seen all the movies either, because the first couple were so bad.

    I am new to this blogging world, so I am looking forward to keeping up on your experiences!

    ReplyDelete