LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

October 26, 2013

My Iowa Bestie

Happy Birthday to my Iowa Bestie!

Ok so you may have figured out by now that I have lots of best friends. It's true. I have always been fortunate to have many different friends. In high school I had my handful of "core" friends, but I never stuck with one group of people.

Anyway, this post is dedicated to Leslie (aka my Iowa bestie). It's her birthday! Seeing as how I "left her in Iowa all alone" the least I can do is write about her a little bit. Leslie and I met at church in Des Moines and quickly became friends. I had been in Iowa for a year and she had just moved there (from Utah). I think our first official friend outing was when we went out as "drinking buddies" with some of my work friends. A lot of the bars give free soda to encourage designated driving, and the particular bar we went to also had free popcorn. I love popcorn. Leslie loves popcorn. Enough said.


Leslie and I tried to craft together, although we didn't get far. We completed exactly half of our Halloween craft before putting it away for later (maybe it's time to finish?) We did handle our Valentine craft nicely and I proudly display the felt heart garland when appropriate.

We have had many adventures together and our activities became much more frequent when we realized that I was leaving Iowa in August. We had many lunches together (usually at my house) and spent a day at the zoo. Les, I miss you!



No comments:

Post a Comment