LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

July 23, 2013

The Big Two-Five

People on the interweb (I love saying "interweb". I find it rather funny) I had a birthday. Recently. Like, just over a week ago. As you may have guessed, I am now 25 years old! Last year I was talking to my good friend Nicole (whom I have known since we were seven) about what it might feel like to turn 25. Well, it really didn't feel like anything too special. I guess when you turn 25 you can get a discount on car insurance and you can officially rent a car without the extra fees for being under 25. But other than that? I think the main milestone is that you are halfway to thirty. I'm getting up there folks! Ok, ok, I know I'm still young. 25 is nothing!

As all my fun email birthday coupons started rolling in I got very excited. Baskin Robbins, Culver's, Red Robin, Dairy Queen...all great places! Since my birthday fell on a Sunday (and we don't really "go out" on Sundays, in order to keep the Sabbath) we celebrated over the course of a few days. I have no complaints. A few days before was Chick-fil-a's Cow Appreciation Day, so Cannon and I dressed up and got our free meals. By "dressed up" I mean that I taped spots to our clothes and spent zero money (that's the idea behind a free meal, right?). It was awesome!

On Saturday, Scott and I decided to eat out at Culver's with our BOGO coupon only to realize we no longer have a printer and the coupon has to be printed. Long story short, we were saved by Casey and Leslie! Thanks again, guys. We got dinner to go, put Cannon to bed, then ate while watching a movie. I think it was October Sky. Good show. On Sunday, Cannon woke up at 5:30, then we took a little nap an hour later before we needed to get up and get to church. We got through half of sacrament meeting and I thought to myself, "Maybe we can make it through the whole meeting!". In that same moment, Cannon started freaking out, so he and I spent the rest of the hour in the foyer. For the next two hours of church, Scott took Cannon while I was in primary (per usual) and they took a drive so Cannon would nap. When church was over, Scott picked me up with a little flower plant in hand! He had bought it a few days before and kept it hidden in the car.

1. It's funny that I didn't come across it on accident.
2. I can't believe that it lived through two days of heat + no water in the car.

Scott also had some cheetos and cherry coke zero waiting for me. He knows me so well, that guy. After snacking and napping, we had Casey and Leslie come over for dinner. We always have so much fun with them! Overall, it was a great few days and we ended the day with a family Skype session.

I know it's not the important thing, but I did get a couple of other awesome gifts. When we got home from church our neighbor came over to deliver a gift that had been left for me: an edible fruit bouquet from my BFFE Liz! It was awesomely delicious. I also got some fun cards from parents and grandparents, a fun singing voicemail from my mom and a fun singing video from my sister, and (drumroll please) an "Alaska Grown" shirt from my dad. If you are an Eastland, you understand the importance of the shirt. I'm so glad to have one! With the shirt came a stuffed moose as well - my little brother Sean will realize the greatness of my new 'moosen'.

And I didn't forget to use by BOGO Blizzard coupon at DQ. Worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment