LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

September 7, 2012

All The Things That We Do With Our Time

Be ye warned: this is a lengthy post.

First we have some big news in Scott's world: we got his board scores back! Let me just say that all of that studying definitely paid off. Scott is now six weeks into his third year and has started his rotations. Scott was given a year long rotation at a hospital here in Des Moines and there are only two specialties he covers that won't be on-site at the hospital. Each rotation is four weeks long and each week he has worked with a different attending physician. Since most specialties are required for his education, they include a post-rotation exam as well. His first rotation was Neurology where he saw a lot of strokes and seizures. He was only at the hospital on weekdays from about 7:00 am to 4:00 pm, which was perfect with my 8-5 work schedule and he didn't have a lot of needed study time outside of that so we still had evenings and weekends together. Now he is on the Internal Medicine service which has been even less demanding than we expected. Fast forward two weeks and he will be on Surgery service, which rumor has it is 12 hour days starting at 5:00 am plus on-call work. That will definitely be a change, but I think he will enjoy it for the most part.

I am still loving my job - on the 30th we celebrated my two year anniversary! Our manager wrote me a nice card, my supervisor brought bagels for our team and gave me a celebratory cookie from Panera (if you haven't eaten there you should). Not to mention random people stopping by and emailing me congrats on my two-year. It was a fun day!

We have been slowly but surely preparing for baby to come. I am only six weeks away from my due date now. Crazy! It has been really nice spending time with Scott in the evenings and on the weekends. We cook together, clean together, go shopping together...it is wonderful! He is very conscious of my "limitations" being pregnant and all (although I sometimes hate to admit that I'm not superwoman) and will often offer to do things for me and always asks how I am feeling. He's pretty great (to say the least).

The next few weeks are going to be pretty eventful, and I am excited! This week we picked up the new chair that we bought (Erica thank you again!), I went to a baby shower for a friend and I had another checkup with the doctor where they were a little confused and thought I was past 36 weeks (I'm almost 35 weeks along). Next week I have an off-site training for work where I get to spend the entire day learning some leadership techniques (I am truly excited about it) and I signed up to spend a few hours at an elementary school reading to kids. I will also be having a baby shower, then be able to spend a couple of days with my sister, her husband, their new baby and my dad. The following week will be Scott's last before Surgery begins and we will top it off at a BBQ with my coworkers. After that I am hoping to let the nesting take over while Scott lives at the hospital. I will have a few weeks of time to myself before my mom and in-laws arrive. Then of course, baby will be here. So soon!

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see you are blogging again, and finally announced your pregnancy. :) Take it easy these last few weeks, and rest all you can.

    ReplyDelete