LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

August 9, 2012

I Suppose You Could Call This An Announcement

As I hear it, there are a few people who have been waiting a long time for this post (and more like it I'm sure). Are you ready for this?

I'm pregnant.

Yep. That's the truth! As of Tuesday I am 30 weeks along. Only 10 to go, isn't that crazy? It seems to have crept up on me. Last weekend we bought a crib, mattress, and changing table set (we got a great deal I might add). I am definitely getting into nesting and am constantly fighting the urge to go fill up a shopping cart at Babies R Us. For real.

I am also feeling past the point where my baby bump is just a bump. I'm getting the waddle down pretty well I think, but the majority of my weight gain is only showing in my belly. Our little guy is almost constantly moving around (did I mention that we're having a boy?) and I love it! Love, love, love it. He is incredibly active, although at first it was hard to tell what body part was poking me. I'm finally catching on to that now that his movements are getting more precise. I am fairly certain that he likes to be on his side with his little feet pummeling the right side of my belly. It's actually a little sore today from all his kicking. Silly boy.

As mentioned in my previous post, I finally got some maternity clothes. They are SO comfortable! Honestly, I now hate wearing my regular clothes (not that many of them still fit), pants especially. Until mid-July I was rocking belly bands every day with my normal pants. Those worked well until I couldn't get my pants over my hips anymore. I have also taken a fondness to Scott's clothes, which surprised me. When we are home in the evenings or on the weekends I steal his basketball shorts and t-shirts. He's so nice. :)

I have lots of thoughts and things to say about being pregnant and how I basically love it, but I don't want to write one big novel of a post, so I'll hold back. For now, here's a couple of pictures. Please excuse the locations and the self-portrait style.

12 Weeks
I felt absolutely huge since I couldn't button most of my pants.
Looking back I realize how  wrong I was!
16 Weeks
Still getting over "morning sickness" and food aversions at this point.
I wanted nothing but Taco Bell for weeks.
20 Weeks
Half way! This was the day of my ultrasound telling us we're having a boy.
24 Weeks
Kind of an uneventful day, but this is outside our new apartment.
28 Weeks
Excuse the bathroom stalls. Applaud the good looks of the maternity jeans.
This is our little guy. I kind of like his little face. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm ready for the little baby! :) Is it birthday yet???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hannah! I had no idea! I am so excited for you! Babies are the best! Being a mom is so wonderful! I am so so so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete