LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

June 27, 2012

About This Time Last Month

Last month we had a visit from my dad and my awesome brother Sean. Let's recap.

Our guests arrived on Friday evening and we went out for dinner at a Mongolian grill. Yum! After dinner we stopped off at the store for some snacks. What is a visit from my dad without his chip dip?

Saturday was the big moving day. I had most of our stuff packed up (if you don't include our kitchen) aside from the random stuff that you don't know what to do with or how to pack. My super cool boss (named Steve) also came to help us move. It only took us two hours to load the truck, get to the new place, and unload the truck. Talk about team work! I was mainly the supervisor telling the men where to put what. By the time we finished moving it was only about 10:30 am so we went for breakfast at The Waveland. Can I tell you it was delicious? It was delicious! I plan to return.

The following days we spent relaxing, watching movies together (I now know and love Captain America), and eating delicious food. My dad also helped us out with some things around the new place - getting a new toilet paper holder and towel rod installed, setting up some utility shelves, etc. He also helped us pick out a washer and dryer. The rumors are true, folks! We now own a washer and dryer and they are awesome. Not that I ever really hated doing laundry, but now I LOVE it.

Dad and Sean left on Wednesday evening and I was sad to see them go, but we get to see them again next month when Scott and I head to Utah for a week! I hope it becomes tradition for Dad and Sean to visit over Memorial Day as they did this year and last.

Scottie & I outside our new place.
Sean, me and Dad
My baby brother! Look how grown up he is.
Yummy lunch!
I am Batman!
Darth Vader is my dad!

1 comment:

  1. How fun to have family come!! Sean is so grown up... wow! I guess that means we must be grown up.
    Loved the post!

    ReplyDelete