LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

December 11, 2011

Youth Temple Trip

Last Saturday we went to Nauvoo for our youth temple trip. It was wonderful! We are actually in the Winter Quarters Nebraska Temple district, but the kids (I'm not the kid anymore?) wanted to go to the Nauvoo, Illinois Temple. What's another few hours in the car? I love how close we are to Nauvoo.

We left Des Moines at about 8:00 am and once we arrived in Nauvoo we went straight to the temple. It was nice to just be in the temple for a few hours. It is incredibly peaceful being away from everything else (you can learn more about Latter Day Saint temples here).

After the temple we drove through Historic Nauvoo to show the kids a couple of things. Since there was some bad whether coming in we didn't have time to tour anything. I wish we could have stopped in to see a few things, but we had to get back home. After lunch at McDonald's (and my discovery of their amazing peppermint hot chocolate) we drove home through the pouring rain.

Nativity scene on the temple grounds. Beautiful.
I love the garland on the gates to the temple grounds!
Our group! Yes I look like one of the young women.
All the temple workers thought I was as well. So funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment