I'm always a little worried that if I take a detour I'll wind up driving the wrong way on a one-way. Today, it happened. Okay it didn't happen to me, but I watched someone else do it. I was driving home from work when lo and behold, a car turned in front of me...facing me. He was a lane over, and realized his mistake quickly. Lucky for him, there was a parked car for him to hide behind while waiting for traffic to pass. When it was all clear I watched in my rear-view mirror as he completed a u-turn and went on his way. Phew.
Anyway, another work week over and another weekend starting. Here's an update on the past few weeks:
- I put in a few hours of volunteer time between YESS (Youth Emergency Services & Shelter) and the Trash Bash. I enjoyed it all.
- After said Trash Bash participation, I went to a bar/restaurant with some people from work. I won't lie, it was kind of exciting.
- Details aside, I was called as a witness for some kind of court proceeding. It was uncomfortable, but I feel it was a valuable experience.
- I got a promotion! I am now a Customer Service Representative 2 (note the "2"). Basically I get paid a little more for doing the same thing I was doing before. No arguments there!
- I decided to give mascara a try again, although eyeliner will continue to be my favorite.
- I was released from my calling as substitute seminary teacher. I held the calling for a grand total of 10 weeks and taught a grand total of one lesson. Not the biggest accomplishment on my part.
- I got time off to head home for the a few days this summer! Just waiting on details from Scott's research job, then we can make travel arrangements. Hooray!