LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

February 4, 2011

The Week In Review

The past week was a little crazy. We had another blizzard - this was definitely worse than the last one. The wind speeds seemed about the same, although there was a lot more snowfall. For all my Utah fans, this was a real blizzard - not like the wannabe blizzard a few months ago. Due to the storm my department at work closed an hour early on Tuesday and opened an hour late on Wednesday. The best part about that? I get paid for those two hours that I was not working. So great!

At the beginning of the week Scott had another Microbiology test. I have been helping him study for most of his classes and this one I enjoyed most. The test mainly covered infections of the gastrointestinal tract. I had no idea there were so many crazy diseases in the GI alone. Seriously! I just want to post a list of the infections alone, not to mention how you get them, how they affect you, etc.

 Today Scott had his second Physiology test and his second SPAL (Standardized Performance Assessment Laboratory). He said that this test was the most difficult he has ever taken. Crazy! SPAL is basically a patient encounter practice. Today the assessment was for taking a patient's health history. Talk about exciting! I got to help Scott practice by pretending to be the patient. That actually was kind of fun. :)

Work has been going well for me - I am getting better every day! If you ever need to call Wells Fargo customer service and can't get through the automated system then let me know. I am a pro! We had a Retail Services meeting to talk over our department goals for the new year and they gave everyone someone cool stuff! I am also enjoying getting to know more people at work. I am now a mentor, so I help train new hires when they get on the phones during the first few weeks. It is really great!

Fun things we did this week? I watched a few movies (including High School Musical 1 & 2), we got ice cream (amidst the snow) and we made a Costco run where we bought moldy kiwis. Gross.

In other news, an era has come to an end. Not only is our car now registered in Iows (big change!) but APX Alarm is now Vivint. Scott and I met while working at APX in the summer of 2007 and have worked there (together) since just after we were married. It was strange to leave and now it's even more strange to think that APX is no more. Just crazy!

All in all, things are going well in Iowa. We were pretty homesick for a while around the holidays, but I think that is to be expected. We are looking forward to a few events in the next few months - my BFFE (Best Friend For Eternity) Liz is coming to visit over President's Day weekend, I'm going to Tahoe for my sister's wedding in March, then Scott's family is coming to visit at the end of March. How great! Now to mention summertime following. We're hoping to make the drive home to spend a few weeks with family and friends.

SWAG (Stuff We All Get) From Wells Fargo. Seriously. How great is this?
From our blizzard. This is snow that was blowing in through the poorly sealed door.
And this is how we seal the door. Blankets. :)
Just a pile of snow plowed in the lot at work. I love seeing how much snow there is!
The Des Moines River. So beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment