LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving

While in high school I got sick every Thanksgiving. It was always just a bad cold, but I often lost the full quality of my voice as well. My freshman year I had plans to hang out with a friend but when he called I could barely talk and told him that I was sick. Three years later I found out he thought I was pretending to be sick so I wouldn't have to hang out with him. I'm glad we got that sorted out. :)

Since high school I haven't been sick over Thanksgiving - until this year. For the few weeks preceding Thanksgiving I had a cold that became progressively worse. I was scheduled to work every weekday except for the holiday itself, but by the end of my shift on Tuesday I could barely talk and I was coughing like crazy. Wednesday morning I went to the doctor (The DMU Clinic is super awesome) where the doctor gave me a few prescriptions to prevent a case of full blown bronchitis as well as a note keeping me from work until Monday. To be honest, the note may have been better than the antibiotics. :)

It was a long week and Scott didn't have class either. He studied and I watched Bones, my new favorite show. At the end of the week I put up our Christmas decorations (photos to follow) and I started up the Christmas music, which I love!

For Thanksgiving itself we had a nice meal at DMU with other student families who weren't able to travel home for the holiday. We didn't really know anyone there, but it was nice of the University to provide the meal and we were incredibly grateful since our families are over 1000 miles away.

Scott and I at DMU after our Thanksgiving meal.

1 comment:

  1. This is a darling picture of you two. I've been blog stalking you today, and catching up on all of your posts. It sounds like things are going so well, and you're both making the most of this adventure in your life. Thanks for sharing all the posts and pictures. Loves!

    ReplyDelete