LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

November 23, 2010

Three Years!

On November 17, 2007 Scott and I were married in the Jordan River Utah Latter Day Saint Temple. It was a wonderful day, and I'm very happy about the decision we made to be sealed to each other for eternity.

Scott and didn't officially date for long, but we got to know each other while working together over the summer. We met at the end of May in 2007 and sat next to each other at work for eight hours every day for the following weeks. We had our first "date" mid July and things went pretty well from there. I wanted to keep my options open while we were dating - something I had never done before - so when we had our DTR (determine/define the relationship) I told Scott we shouldn't be exclusive. A few minutes later I met his family.

A few days later Scott and I were out one night and he played his guitar for me - it was a talent I wasn't aware he had and I loved it! After he played and sang my favorite Dashboard Confessional song we just sat and talked. I don't remember anything we talked about except for one thing: setting a date for our wedding. We had never before talked about marriage, but Scott simply said "Gold or white gold?" and without hesitation I answered, "White gold". Then we both kind of looked at each other and realized what we were talking about. We then set a date (which we later changed) and a location (which we later changed). That week we picked out rings together and Scott officially proposed (after talking to my dad).

Not much later we were married and life has been wonderful since! Here are a few of my favorite photos from our wedding day:

Our "Shotgun" Wedding






I have no idea what was going on, but apparently is was pretty good. :)

1 comment:

  1. You two are a darling couple! That was such a great day. Hard to believe it was three years ago. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete