LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

October 4, 2010

OMM. What Do You Think?

OMM: Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine


Is (as wikipedia says) "the application of the distinct osteopathic philosophy when diagnosing and treating a patient. OMM takes into account the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health of a patient, and how each aspect could be contributing to the disease state."


Is not chiropractic care, nor is it a massage. I view it as the in-between ground.


Osteopathic physicians do not just massage the skin. They work with things that are deeper than the patient's skin including fascia, organs, bones, vessels, joints and ligaments.


Today Scott had his first OMM practical exam! In preparation he needed some extra study time with a patient. Me! I have come to the conclusion that I love OMM. I have mild scoliosis that causes pain in my back, neck and head daily. The pain decreased significantly with a new mattress and sleeping positions, but the pain was starting to come back. Now? I don't have any pain. Nothing! Some simple techniques and I am as good as new.


What do you think about OMM?

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear! I think I like this OMM... it sounds interesting...

    ReplyDelete