- Need a live person but there isn't an option? Press 0. Don't enter anything. Enter random numbers. Say you don't have an account number. Say you need to report your card lost or stolen. These can help you get to a person faster.
- Keep your cool and don't get too worked up. Representatives may leave notes and you don't want the next person you talk to to start the call thinking you're an angry customer that just can't be helped.
- Ask for exactly what you want. If you're looking for results, don't beat around the bush. Don't tell the representative about your car breaking down, your dog dying, etc, etc if you're thinking it will help your case. You want a fee removed? Ask. You want to talk to a supervisor? Ask.
- Listen to the representative and try to understand if they are explaining something.
- Have any and all information that may be needed at the ready. Bills, receipts, etc.
Do you have other tips to share? These are from my experience at work so far.