LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

August 20, 2010

What to Do, What to Do?

I have yet to finish my Bachelor's and I can't seem to make a solid decision on how to proceed. I was attending Utah Valley University working toward a degree in Accounting. I decided I didn't like it and changed my major to Hospitality Management. The tricky thing here is that the core courses for my major are not offered in the summer and are not offered online. Boo.

What to do?

I can transfer Iowa State where tuition is just as much as DMU
I can change majors and finish online
I can do something else entirely
    Massage Therapy
    Emergency Medical Technician (I have always wanted to do this)
    Loan Officer Certification

Thoughts? Ideas? Assistance please.

3 comments:

  1. hmmm all of it! I am pretty sure getting EMT certified isn't too expensive.. I'm sure could get finacial aid too. I think a loan officer would be fun..You should become a loan shark ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay. So I'm not sure if this will help much, but here's what I think:

    1: Hospitality Management. Es like being a manager of something, yeah? Like a restaurant, sports arena, hotel, etc. IF it is, that's funny... cause that's actually my backup plan if photography doesn't work out. haha! :) If this is still what you want to do, it might be worth it to transfer to Iowa State.

    2: I think that being an EMT would be exciting! Sounds wicked fun to me. :) And if you go with Massage Therapy, you'll probably get like a million new friends! Not sure what Loan Officer Certification is, but I'm sure it's awesome. :) But of the 3, I'm kinda leaning toward the EMT deal because you said you've always wanted to do it. You'd be helping people, which would be awesome. And you would have wicked cool stories to tell. :)

    Basically, do whatever you want to do. haha- yes, that's a sucky answer. But I would go with whichever option excited me the most or that I could picture myself doing and being genuinely happy. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... Tough decision I'd have to say to stick with the hospitality management, or go with the EMT, or find another major. I couldn't see you as a loan officer or a massage therapist. But I know you'll make the right decision!

    ReplyDelete